Another delicious yet simple buttercream recipe, this time it’s chocolate buttercream. Pipe it onto a cupcake or spread it on a cake, either way it’ll be tasty.
- 150 grams of Butter*
- 180 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 150 grams of Dark, Milk or White Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons of Milk or Whipping Cream**
- Optional: Food Colouring
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool to room temperature.
- Whip up the butter, until it is lighter in colour and has increased in volume.
- Add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix again until well incorporated.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix it through completely.
- Optional: Add in food colouring and mix it through.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
**Only necessary if it's too thick to spread properly.
This recipe will make enough to cover about 12 cupcakes or a small cake.