Big balloon, big balloon, bigger than the sun and.. Well, not really, but it’s made of candy melts! A rainbow, a hot air balloon and Peppa Pig. The perfect cake for any (3 year old) Peppa fan!
Peppa Pig 3rd Birthday Cake
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A Peppa Pig rainbow cake complete with big balloon, rainbow and clouds.
- Red Sponge Cake*
- Orange Sponge Cake*
- Yellow Sponge Cake*
- Green Sponge Cake*
- Blue Sponge Cake*
- Purple Sponge Cake*
- 5 Batches of White Chocolate Buttercream
- Blue Food Colouring
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- Candy melts (white, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, pink, brown & black)
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the candy melts in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat.
- Using a toothpick or piping bag, trace and fill in the design.
- Cut two circles (14 cm and 18 cm) out of each cake.
- Using some white chocolate buttercream, attach the bottom layers of cake to two separate cake boards (15 cm and 22 cm).
- Brush with some simple syrup.
- Spread or pipe on a layer of white chocolate buttercream and add the next colour of cake.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you've added all of the cake layers.
- Colour the leftover white chocolate buttercream using blue food colouring.
- Cover both cakes with blue buttercream.
- Place cake dowels or milkshake straws into the bottom cake where the top one will go and place the smaller cake on top of the bigger one.
- Attach the clouds, using some buttercream, then add on the Peppa Pig cake topper.
*Colour the cakes using red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food colouring.
Disclaimer: Peppa Pig is property of Astley Baker Davies and I am in no way claiming ownership of her.