An adorable cake with some adorable characters on it. This delicious Oggy Oggy birthday cake is perfect for any kids’ birthday.
- 80 grams of Dark Chocolate
- 60 grams of Milk Chocolate
- 300 grams of White Chocolate
- Chocolate Food Colouring: Blue, Yellow, Pink, Red, Purple, Green & Orange
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each colour of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Using a toothpick or a piping bag, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours.
- Refrigerate to set the chocolates.
- Cut sponge cake layers into squares (20 by 20cm).
- Using some white chocolate buttercream, attach the bottom layer of cake to a cake board (24 cm).
- Brush with some simple syrup.
- Spread or pipe on a layer of white chocolate buttercream and add the next layer of cake.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you've added all of the cake layers.
- Cover the cake in buttercream.
- Attach Oggy Oggy chocolates to the sides.
- Stick cake topper chocolates into the top of the cake, reinforcing by piping a little bit of buttercream behind each chocolate.
Disclaimer: Oggy Oggy and all of its characters are property of Jean Cayrol & Cédric Guarneri and I am in no way claiming ownership of them.