Pokémon Team Skull Cakes! Yummy and pretty easy to make. Were they your favourite bad guys so far? Or do you just like their logo? Either way it’s a nice recipe to make!
Team Skull Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
A tasty bit of fan art, with vanilla cake and chocolate buttercream.
- 1,5 Batches of Vanilla Cake*
- 1 Batch of Chocolate Buttercream
- Small Amount of Simple Syrup
- 500 grams of Black Fondant
- Silver or Gold Food Colouring Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Print out the template twice and cut it out.
- Cut one cake board into the shape and size of the templates.
- Level your cakes using a serrated knife.
- Brush some simple syrup onto the cut sides of the cakes.
- Place one of the cakes onto a cake board, not the one cut to the size and shape of the template, and pipe or spread on some chocolate buttercream.
- Place the other cake layer cut side down onto the chocolate buttercream and pipe a dot of chocolate buttercream on top.
- Now place the other shaped cake board onto it. And carve off the pieces of cake that stick out from the cutting board.
- Place upside down, remove the non-cut cake board from the top and pipe buttercream around the sides and top. Smooth this out using a palette knife.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to firm up.
- Roll out the black fondant, to 0,5 centimetres thick, so it’s big enough to drape over the cake.
- Drape it over the cake and smooth it down.
- Place the template, after removing the white parts, on top and gently indent the pattern onto your cake.
- Combine silver or gold food colouring with a little bit of lemon juice to create an edible paint and brush it onto the cake to fill in the pattern.
*Baked in two cake pans with a diameter of 18,5 cm.
Disclaimer: Team Skull and Pokémon are property of Nintendo and GameFreak and I am in no way claiming ownership of them.