Spread it or pipe it onto any cake to add a little something extra. This vanilla buttercream is easy to make, but definitely tasty.
- 150 grams of Butter*
- 300 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons of Milk or Whipping Cream**
- Optional: Food Colouring
- Whip up the butter, until it is lighter in colour and has increased in volume.
- Add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix again until well incorporated.
- Optional: Add in food colouring and mix it through.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
**Only necessary if it's too thick to spread properly.
This recipe will make enough to cover about 12 cupcakes or a small cake.