The perfect cake for a 3 year old fan of Peppa Pig!
- 6 Batches of Vanilla Cake Roll*
- Food Colouring: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue & Purple
*Colour each layer a different colour
What you'll need
- Peppa Pig Template
- Cake Rings (14cm and 18cm)
- Cake boards (15cm and 22cm)
- Cake dowels or milkshake straws
- Palette knife
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 1 Cutting Board, A4 Size
- Acetate Sheet
- 1 or more (Disposable) Piping bag(s)
- Prepare six vanilla cake rolls beforehand, in each colour of the rainbow.
- Place the templates onto a flat surface and cover with acetate foil.
- Trace the templates with melted candy melts of the right colours, make sure to make a back up for each template just to be sure. NOTE: You could use different colours if you'd like.
- While the candy melts are setting, cut a 14cm and 18cm circle out of each cake layer.
- Prepare 2 batches of White Chocolate Buttercream.
- Get the two cake boards to assemble your cakes on.
- Assemble the two cakes, starting with a cake layer, then some simple syrup and then some white chocolate buttercream. NOTE: Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red is the order I used.
- Refrigerate both cakes while you prepare 3 more batches of White Chocolate Buttercream and add in the remaining buttercream from before, if there is any.
- Mix in some blue food colouring.
- Cover each cake in the blue buttercream, making sure there's a little leftover.
- Place dowels or milkshake straws into the bottom cake where the top one will go.
- Place the top cake on top.
- Correct any damage with some more blue buttercream.
- Place the rainbow and the hot air balloon onto the cake, if necesarry support the back with a dollop of buttercream.
- Place clouds onto the cake.
- Refrigerate until use.