Inspired by some raspberry Easter eggs I bought, this cake combines sponge cake, raspberry jelly and cream cheese buttercream. A delicious, fresh and creamy combination.
- 2 Batches of Sponge Cake
- 1⁄2 Batch of Raspberry Jelly
- A Small Amount of Simple Syrup
- 2 1⁄2 Batches of Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 6-8 Raspberry Easter Eggs
Small Amount of White Chocolate Ganache
- 90 grams of White Chocolate
- 30 grams of Whipping Cream
- Pink Food Colouring
- Yellow Food Colouring
- Cut 4 circles (⌀16 cm) out of the Sponge Cake.
- Brush with simple syrup.
- Cut 3 circles (⌀14 cm) out of the raspberry jelly.*
- Place raspberry jelly on top of three of the cake layers.
- Attach bottom layer to a cake board with cream cheese buttercream.
- Pipe or spread cream cheese buttercream on top.
- Add another layer of cake with raspberry jelly on top.
- Repeat the last two steps, ending with a cake layer without jelly.
- Cover the entire cake in cream cheese buttercream.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Apply another layer of cream cheese buttercream.
- Refrigerate until further use.
- Break your white chocolate into small pieces, place it into a heat proof bowl and add the whipping cream.
- Place the bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the whipped cream and chocolate are well combined.
- Colour half of the white chocolate ganache yellow, the other half pink.
- Pipe coloured lines onto the cake.
- Pipe dollops of cream cheese buttercream onto the cake, using a star piping tip.
- Add Easter eggs on top.
*Make sure the raspberry jelly circles are smaller than the cake circles, otherwise the layers will slide around.