These creamy and fresh strawberry cakes were originally made in France, but are now a pretty well-known treat you can enjoy in many places. Even in your own home, just follow this recipe and enjoy!
- Cut 6 squares (7,5 cm) and 6 circles (⌀7,5 cm) out of the Sponge Cake.
- Brush with simple syrup.
- Cut the strawberries: cut about two thin slices down the middle and chop up the rest.
- Place cake rings around three of each kind of cakes.
- Line the cake rings with acetate.
- Place strawberry slices around the edges of the cakes.
- Fill the cake rings halfway with diplomat cream.
- Place some chopped up strawberries in the middle of each cake.
- Cover with more diplomat cream.
- Cut shapes out of the strawberry jelly.
- Place strawberry jelly on top of each of the leftover cake layers.
- Place cake layers with strawberry jelly on top of diplomat cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until fully set.
- Unmould and remove the acetate.
*Pour into a cake pan (38,7 cm × 26 cm × 1,9 cm) to set.