No matter the season, no matter the occasion: these cookies will taste great. Use any kind of cookie cutter you’d like to create the cookies that are right for your event, whether it’s a christmas dinner or a birthday party.
Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Buttery and tasty sand cookies.
- 180 grams of Butter*
- 140 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 300 grams of Flour
- 2 Egg Yolks*
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Food Colouring
- Beat together the butter and powdered sugar, adding the powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Next add in the egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix it through.
- Gather the dough and wrap it in some plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough to about 3 millimetres thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
When are they done?
You'll know the cookies are done when the edges start to brown slightly.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
TIP: Repeat steps 5 through 12 for any leftover cookie dough.