Want neat edges and clear shapes? Try my (almost) no-spread cookies, ideal for cookie houses or neat cut-out cookies.
(Almost) No-Spread Cookies
Prep Time: 1 hour 12 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Tasty and practical (almost) no-spread cookies.
- 225 grams of Butter*
- 225 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs*
- 450 grams of Flour OR 100 grams of Cocoa Powder AND 350 grams of Flour
- 60 grams of Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Food Colouring
- Combine the flour and cornstarch (optional: and cocoa powder).
- Beat the butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Mix in the eggs, one by one, and add the vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Gather the dough and wrap it in some plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough to about 4 millimetres thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
When are they done?
You'll know the cookies are done when the edges start to brown slightly.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
TIP: Repeat steps 5 through 12 for any leftover cookie dough.