If you’re a Legend of Zelda fan, then these Triforce cookies will be a real treat! They are a bit more complex to make, but definitely worth the effort.
This recipe has also been shared on AVO Magazine, an online magazine focused on Japanese culture and music.
Triforce Sand Roll Cookies
Prep Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Delicious and a great treat for any Legend of Zelda fan.
- 1 batch of Sand Cookie Dough
- Yellow Food Colouring
- Egg Wash: 1 Egg White mixed with 1 teaspoon of Water
- Optional: Black Food Colouring
- Optional: Yellow Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Divide the sand cookie dough into two equal parts. Colour one of the parts with yellow food colouring. Leave the other as is or colour it with black food colouring.
- Gather the doughs, separately, and wrap it in some plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour.
- Roll out both kinds of dough to about 1,5 centimetres thick.
- Using a small triangle cookie cutter, cut out triangles from both colours of cookie dough.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the leftover yellow dough.
- Divide the yellow triangles into three portions and glue the triangles of each portion together using egg wash. Make sure each of the three rows have the same amount of triangles in it.
- Place two yellow rows of triangles next to one another and glue the uncoloured or black triangles to in between them.
- Next glue the last row of yellow triangles on top.
- Wrap the triforce in plastic wrap and freeze for about 10 minutes, until it has hardened.
- Gather up the leftover uncoloured or black cookie dough and wrap it in some plastic wrap.
- Place the leftover uncoloured or black cookie dough around the triforce dough to create a cylinder. Roll the dough to smooth it out.
- Optional: Brush egg wash onto the sides of the dough and add yellow nonpareil sprinkles.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cookies from the dough roll, about 3 millimetres thick each, and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
When are they done?
You'll know the cookies are done when the edges start to brown slightly.
TIP: When rolling out the cookie dough use two stacks of paper or a rolling pin ring of 1,5 centimetres thick.