The perfect filling for a pie or tart. Creamy and sweet.
Yield: ± 450 grams
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Creamy and sweet pastry cream.
- 3 Egg Yolks*
- 80 grams of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 40 grams of Flour
- 350 grams of Milk
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix until fully dissolved.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan, once it start to boil turn off the heat.
- Add a little bit of the milk to the egg yolk mixture and mix well, until fully incorporated.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well, until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the saucepan, slowly bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
- Once it has thickened enough turn off the heat.
- Pour into a dish and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.