Harde Mokka’s, delicious mocha tartlets dipped in mocha fondant.
- ½ Batch of Tartlets, 6cm diameter (unbaked)
- 100 grams of Almond Paste
- 100 grams of Pastry Cream
- 1 Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 1 Batch of Mocha Buttercream*
- A cup of cold strong coffee
- 300 grams of Icing Fondant
- 1 teaspoon of Mocha Extract
- 60 grams of Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate Coffee Beans
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the tartlets, but don't bake them yet.
- Mix together the almond paste and pastry cream.
- Pipe mixture into the tartlets
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cut small circles out of the vanilla sponge cake, make sure they fit in the tartlets.
- Dip circles in strong coffee and place one into each tartlet.
- Pipe the mocha buttercream on top of the tartlets and smoothe out using a palette knife, creating a dome.
- Refrigerate for about 60 minutes.
- Place the fondant into a saucepan, and add a little bit of water.
- Warm up the fondant and keep stirring, making sure it stays underneath 40 degrees Celsius.
- Once it's warm add some mocha extract.
- Dip the tartlets into the fondant.
- Let them set, for about 30 minutes.
- Create some stripes using melted dark chocolate.
- Pipe some leftover mocha buttercream on each tartlet and add a chocolate coffee bean on top.
*Prepared with pastry cream.