A delicious and pretty cake to make for any occasion, but definitely fitting for something like an anniversary or Valentine’s Day.
- Cut a cake board into a heart shape, using your heart shaped cake ring** as a template.
- Level the red velvet cakes and use the heart shaped cake ring to cut them into the right shape.
- Brush the cakes with some simple syrup.
- Pipe or spread a little but of cream cheese buttercream onto the cake board and place on of the cakes onto it.
- Pipe or spread on a layer of cream cheese buttercream.
- Add on another layer of cake.
- Repeat step 5 and 6.
- Place in the refrigerator for one hour to firm up a bit.
- Remove the excess buttercream using a palette knife.
- Optional: add white food colouring into the white chocolate ganache.
- Let the chocolate ganache cool a little, before creating the chocolate ganache drip on the cake.
- Using a piping bag with a star piping tip, pipe some cream cheese buttercream around the border.
- Crumble on some red velvet crumbs.
- Optional: add any edible decorations you'd like.
*Baked in a square cake pan (22,5 cm × 22,5 cm × 5 cm).
**My heart shaped cake ring was from Lares and the broadest part of the heart was 18,5 cm.