Adorable PomPomPurin Christmas cake! I was inspired by a picture on this blog to make this delicious and cute cake.
- 1,5 Batches of Japanese Sponge Cake
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- 400 grams of Whipping Cream
- 500 grams of Strawberries
PomPomPurin Cake Topper
- 10 grams of Dark Chocolate*
- 10 grams of Red Chocolate*
- 10 grams of Light Brown Chocolate*
- 50 grams of White Chocolate*
- 100 grams of Light Blue Chocolate*
- Tiny amount of Pink Chocolate*
- Tiny amount of Gold Chocolate*
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each colour of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Using a toothpick, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours.
- Refrigerate in between each of the colours and after the last colour, until fully set.
- Bake your cake in a cake pan (18 cm).
- Using a serrated knife, divide the cake into three layers.
- Cut the strawberries: cut about two thin slices down the middle and chop up the rest.
- Whip up the whipping cream to stiff peaks.
- Place a small amount of whipping cream on the cake board, then one slice of cake.
- Brush the cake with simple syrup.
- Cover with whipped cream and place some chopped strawberries on top.
- Add another layer of cake and repeat steps 10 and 11 again.
- Cover the entire cake in whipped cream.
- Place the chocolate topper on top.
- Pipe a border of whipped cream around the chocolate topper.
- Place the sliced strawberries in between the dollops of whipped cream and around the cake.
*Using chocolate food colouring you can choose to colour white chocolate yourself, but these can also be replaced with candy melts in the right colours.
Disclaimer: PomPomPurin is property of Sanrio and I am in no way claiming ownership of him.