Fluffy sponge fingers, for anyone who loves light and fluffy snacks. Perfect to make tiramisu with.
- 4 Egg Whites*
- 30 grams of Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks*
- 60 grams of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 128 grams of Flour
- 2 grams of Baking Powder
- Powdered sugar
- Optional: Draw lines onto your baking paper to create a template for yourself.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Whip up the egg whites with the smaller amount of sugar, until you've got a stiff meringue.
- Beat the egg yolks and leftover sugar together until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Alternate between adding meringue and flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture, folding it all together with a silicone spatula.
- Put the batter in a piping bag.
- Pipe sponge fingers onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Dust them with some powdered sugar and bake for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Use a palette knife to remove them from the baking sheet, once they come out of the oven.
When is it done?
You'll know the sponge fingers are done when you gently press onto them and they spring back. The edges should be slightly browned as well.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
TIP: Be sure to either eat these the day you make them OR freeze them the day you've made them.