Won’t you bake along with Frog and Friends? Or rather: bake a fun Frog and Friends themed Birthday cake.
- 2 Batches of Raspberry Sponge Cake*
- 3 Batches of Cream Cheese Buttercream**
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- Red Food Colouring
- about 50 grams of Dark Chocolate
- about 20 grams of White Chocolate
- about 20 grams of Red Chocolate
- about 20 grams of Green Chocolate
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each colour of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Using a toothpick, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours.
- Refrigerate in between each of the colours and after the last colour.
- Cut out cake layers from the raspberry sponge cake with a ring mould (14 cm).
- Stick the first cake layer to a cake board using a small amount of buttercream.
- Brush the cake layer with simple syrup, then top with buttercream and another cake layer.
- Repeat the previous step until there are six cake layers total.
- Crumb coat the cake and refrigerate.
- Cover the cake with buttercream and use an icing comb to make indents.
- Refrigerate cake until set, about 30 minutes.
- Colour remaining buttercream red with red food colouring.
- Pipe red buttercream into the indents and smoothe out the cake.
- Place chocolate decorations on top.
*Baked with freeze dried raspberry powder & red food colouring
**I used white chocolate buttercream, but it was harder to work with because it set a too quickly.
Disclaimer: Frog and Friends is property of Max Velthuijs and I am in no way claiming ownership of it.