Yummy hazelnut and mocha meringue cakes, filled with mocha buttercream.
- 1 Batch of Mocha Buttercream (With Pastry Cream)
- 100 grams of Hazelnut Meal*
- 100 grams of Egg Whites (about 2 to 3 Egg Whites)
- 100 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 18 Chocolate Coffee Beans
- ± 250 grams of Hazelnut Crunch
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Trace circles onto baking paper, using a cookie cutter (7,5 cm).
- Place the baking paper onto baking sheet.
- Whip up egg whites with powdered sugar, until stiff peaks.
- Fold in Hazelnut meal gently.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe circles onto baking paper.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Let the meringues cool completely.
- Pipe or spread mocha buttercream onto a meringue and place another meringue on top.
- Cover the sides and top in mocha buttercream as well.
- Dip or cover the sides and top in hazelnut crunch.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Pipe a small dollop on top of each cake and place three chocolate coffee beans on top.