Fluffy and fresh strawberry cake, made with strawberry reduction giving it some real strawberry flavour. Perfect with some cream cheese buttercream or even just as is.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Fluffy strawberry cake made with strawberry reduction.
- 1 Batch of Strawberry Reduction
- 150 grams of Milk
- 100 grams of Sunflower Oil
- 60 grams of Butter*
- 300 grams of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 350 grams of Flour
- 15 grams of Baking Powder
- 6 Egg Whites*
- 50 grams of Sugar
- Optional: Pink or Red Food Colouring
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line cake pans with baking paper.
- Mix together strawberry reduction, milk and food colouring.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the sunflower oil and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Alternate between mixing in the flour mixture and the strawberry mixture, until everything is well combined.
- Whip up the egg whites to stiff peaks, in a separate bowl.
- Fold egg whites into batter gently, in three additions.
- Divide the batter evenly over three round cake pans (15cm) or two round cake pans (18cm).
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
This recipe makes two 18cm cakes or 24 cupcakes.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.