Ombre striped pink and white strawberry and cream cheese cake with a flamingo and swan on top. Perfect together with some crown cupcakes.
- 1 Batch of Strawberry Cake*
- 2 Batches of Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 1 Batch of Strawberry Cream Cheese Buttercream
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
Chocolate Flamingo & Swan
- 60 grams of Dark Chocolate
- 100 grams of White Chocolate
- Gold Food Colouring Powder
- Silver Food Colouring Powder
- Pink Chocolate Food Colouring
- Orange Chocolate Food Colouring
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each colour of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Use chocolate food colouring or food colouring powder to create the right colours.
- Using a toothpick or a piping bag, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours.
- Refrigerate to set the chocolates.
- Level each of the cakes.
- Brush with simple syrup.
- Attach the bottom cake layer to a cake board with cream cheese buttercream.
- Pipe or spread cream cheese buttercream on top.
- Add another layer of cake on top.
- Repeat the last two steps, ending with a cake layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until set.
- Combine some strawberry cream cheese buttercream with cream cheese buttercream, to create a pink midtone buttercream.
- Pipe on buttercream, starting with the darkest pink at the bottom and ending with cream cheese buttercream on top.
- Smooth out buttercream using a cake scraper.
- Place chocolate flamingo and swan on top.
*Prepared in three 15cm cake pans.