Pineapple, Mango & Strawberry Sponge Cake! A nice summery treat with fruity flavours.
- 200 grams of Flour
- 6 grams of Baking Powder
- 50 grams of Sunflower Oil
- 100 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks*
- 220 grams of Pineapple OR Mango OR Strawberry Puree
- Optional: Food Colouring
- 20 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 6 Egg Whites*
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare your cake pan (38,7 cm × 26 cm × 1,9 cm) by lining it with baking paper.
- Combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, vanilla extract, sunflower oil, fruit puree and the larger amount of sugar.
- Add the puree mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add in the egg whites and smaller amount of sugar
- Whip up the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter gently, in three additions.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
When is it done?
You'll know the cake is done when you gently press onto the cake and it springs back.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes one thin 38,7 cm × 26 cm cake.