Do you love lemon flavoured desserts? Try this delicious and moist lemon cake. It’s a nice treat for any occasion.
- 100 grams of Butter*
- 200 grams of Granulated Sugar*
- 2 Eggs*
- 60 grams of Milk
- 60 grams of Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams of Flour
- 6 grams of Baking Powder
- Optional: 150 grams of Powdered Sugar
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare your loaf tin (26 cm) by brushing the inside of the pan with butter and lining it with baking paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar.
- Next add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter and mix it through.
- Next add in half of the milk and mix it through.
- Repeat the last two steps, so all of the flour mixture and milk is well incorporated.
- Add in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf tin.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Optional: Mix together the extra lemon juice and powdered sugar for a delicious lemon glaze.
When is it done?
You'll know the cake is done when you insert a skewer or knife into the cake, pull it out and only a few moist crumbs stick to it. If there's wet batter attached: place it back in the oven.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes about one pound cake.