Adorable chocolate Dinosaurs on a delicious sheet cake with vanilla and chocolate cake, whipped cream and strawberries.
Dinosaur Sheet Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Dinosaur sheet cake with vanilla and chocolate cake layers, filled with whipped cream and strawberries.
- 1 Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 1 Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- 750 grams of Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 500 grams of Strawberries
- 25 grams of Dark Chocolate*
- 200 grams of White Chocolate*
- Chocolate Food Colouring: Green, Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow & Orange
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each kind of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Using a toothpick or piping bag, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours, created by combining them with chocolate food colouring.
- Refrigerate in between each of the colours and after the last colour.
- Slice both sponge cakes in half, to create 4 rectangular cake layers in total.
- Cut the strawberries: cut about two thin slices down the middle and chop up the rest.
- Whip up the whipping cream with the vanilla extract.
- Stick the bottom cake layer to cake board with whipped cream.
- Brush it with some simple syrup.
- Spread or pipe some whipped cream onto the cake.
- Add strawberry chunks and cover with another cake layer.
- Repeat steps 9, 10 and 11 until you've added the last cake layer.
- Cover the entire cake in whipped cream.
- Place the chocolate dinosaur design on top.
- Pipe some whipped cream dollops around the edge.
- Decorate the edges of the cake with strawberry slices.
*This is enough to make two chocolate cake toppers, since I like to make a backup just in case. Feel free to replace the chocolate with candy melts in the right colours.