Edible Mickey Mouse Shape Sorter
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Additional Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
A functional and edible Mickey Mouse shape sorter, made out fo vanilla cookies and candy melts.
- 2 Batches of (Almost) No-Spread Cookies (Coloured with Red Food Colouring)
- ½ Batch of (Almost) No-Spread Cookies (Vanilla, Uncoloured)
- Black Food Colouring
- 300 grams of Black Candy Melts
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the candy melts in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat.
- Using a toothpick or piping bag, trace and fill in the design.
- Divide the red cookie dough into five portions.
- Divide the uncoloured cookie dough into two portions.
- Roll out each portion to a thickness of 4 millimetres.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for about 60 minutes.
- Using a ruler, cut strokes of red and uncoloured dough out of two pieces.
- Create the striped pattern sides, by alternating red and uncoloured dough strokes. Gently roll over the dough, to press it together.
- Using a ruler, create slight indents in the right size*.
- Cut each side to the right size and cut out shapes from two red sides, using Mickey Mouse Cookie cutters.
- Colour leftover dough black, roll out and cut out a Mickey Mouse Head, to fill up the hole in one of the red squares.
- Refrigerate again while preheating your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake each piece separately for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
- Melt some black candy melts, place in piping bag.
- Stick the template pieces to the striped sides.
- Stick together the sides using the candy melts.
Disclaimer: Mickey Mouse is property of Disney and I am in no way claiming ownership of him.
3 Red Sides: 22 cm by 22 cm
1 Red Side: 21 cm by 21 cm
2 Red Striped Sides: 21 cm by 22 cm