Delicious chocolate mousse, brownie, chocolate ganache and chocolate pearl. The perfect cake for any chocoholic!
- Bake the brownie batter in a heart shaped cake ring* in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees Celsius, for about 10 - 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the cake ring, once the brownie has completely cooled.
- Clean the cake ring and place some acetate along the edges, then add in the brownie layer. Press the brownie towards the edges a little if it there's any space between it and the acetate.
- Prepare the chocolate mousse as described in this recipe, starting with dark chocolate mousse and letting it set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before preparing the next layer.
- Once all of the chocolate mousse layers are done, refrigerate for an additional 4 hours.
- Pour some dark chocolate ganache on top, decorate if you'd like and let it set in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Optional: Decorate with chocolate pearls, or chocolate pearls dusted with gold food colouring powder. To create a heart in the middle, use a heart shaped cookie cutter to create the shape and fill it with gold dusted chocolate pearls. Then remove the cookie cutter and place the rest of the chocolate pearls.
- Remove the mould and acetate.
*My heart shaped cake ring was from Lares and the broadest part of the heart was 18,5 cm.