Beautiful and yummy chocolate butterflies, easy to make and a great way to decorate a cake or any other dessert.
- Dark, Milk or White Chocolate
- Optional: Chocolate Food Colouring
- Cut the template into three strips, place onto a cutting board and cover it with sheets of acetate. Fold the acetate in the middle and line up the fold with the line in the middle of the butterflies.
- Tape down the acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat.
- Place the chocolate in a piping bag and trace the outline of the design with the melted chocolate, piping it slowly.
- Remove the tape, before letting the butterflies set.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set, about 20 minutes.