Up for a fluffy and yummy dessert? Try making this strawberry white chocolate mousse, it’ll definitely satisfy your taste buds.
- 100 grams of White Chocolate
- 20 grams of Whipping Cream, for Heating
- 40 grams of Strawberry puree, Sifted*
- Chilled: 100 grams of Whipping Cream, for Whipping up
- 3 grams of Gelatin Powder
- 10 grams of Cold Water
- Optional: Pink or Red Food Colouring Gel
- Place your gelatine in a small bowl and add the cold water, let the gelatine absorb the water.
- Break your white chocolate into small pieces, place it into a heat proof bowl along with the strawberry puree and the smaller amount of whipping cream, intended to be heated.
- Place the bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the whipped cream, strawberry puree and chocolate are well combined.
- Optional: Add in pink or red food colouring and mix it through.
- Add the gelatine into your chocolate mixture and mix it through until fully melted.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Whip up the larger amount of whipping cream, intended for whipping up, to firm peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream through the strawberry mixture gently, in two additions.
- Place the chocolate mousse in a mould or glass and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
*You need to blend and sift about 60 grams of strawberries, frozen and thawed or fresh, to make this amount.