White chocolate mousse with plenty of lemon flavour to it. If you’re a fan if lemony goodness, you should definitely try this one out!
- 90 grams of White Chocolate
- 20 grams of Whipping Cream, for Heating
- 40 grams of Lemon Juice
- Chilled: 100 grams of Whipping Cream, for Whipping up
- 4 grams of Gelatine Powder
- 10 grams of Cold Water
- Optional: Yellow Food Colouring Gel
- Break your white chocolate into small pieces, place it into a heat proof bowl along with the lemon juice and the smaller amount of whipping cream, intended to be heated.
- Place the bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the whipped cream, lemon juice and chocolate are well combined.
- Optional: Add in yellow food colouring and mix it through.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Place your gelatine in a small bowl and add the cold water, let the gelatine absorb the water.
- Heat the gelatine briefly in a small saucepan or in the microwave, until it has fully melted.
- Add the melted gelatine into your lemon mixture and mix it through.
- Whip up the larger amount of whipping cream, intended for whipping up, to firm peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream through the lemon mixture gently, in two additions.
- Place the chocolate mousse in a mould or glass and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.