Hazelnuts are great as a snack, but also a delicious addition to many a dessert, and roasting them brings out just a bit more flavour.
- 800 grams of Water
- 200 grams Hazelnuts (unpeeled and unroasted)
- 70 grams of Baking Soda
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Next add in the baking soda, the water will fizz up.
- On there are no more bubbles put the hazelnuts into the boiling water.
- Let the water simmer, on medium heat, for 4 minutes while removing the foam with a spoon every time it forms.
- Pour into a strainer and rinse the hazelnuts with cold water.
- Peel the hazelnuts, by pinching them a little and the skins should easily come off.
- Dry the hazelnuts with a (paper) towel and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.