Being a beloved character for many children, I decided on making a colourful Miffy 2nd birthday cake!
- 3 Batches of Sponge Cake*
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- 600 grams of Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
Miffy Chocolate Cake Topper
- 50-100 grams of Dark Chocolate**
- 20-40 grams of White Chocolate**
- 20-40 grams of Yellow Chocolate**
- Gold Food Colouring Powder
- Place the template onto a cutting board and cover it with a sheet of acetate.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Heat each colour of chocolate separately until it has melted completely.
- Using a toothpick or a piping bag, trace and fill in the design with the right chocolate colours.
- When filling in the two, add the sprinkles onto the chocolate before it sets.
- Refrigerate in between each of each colour until set, about 20 minutes.
- Brush the yellow chocolate with gold food colouring powder.
- Whip up the whipping cream with vanilla extract to stiff peaks.
- Place a small amount of whipping cream on the cake board (25 cm), then one slice of cake.
- Brush the cake with simple syrup.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Add the other two layers of cake, repeating steps 9 and 11 again.
- Cover the entire cake in whipped cream.
- Cover the sides in nonpareil sprinkles.
- Stick the chocolates into the top of the cake.
*Baked in a brownie pan (22,5 cm × 22,5 cm × 5 cm), one batch at a time.
**Using chocolate food colouring you can choose to colour white chocolate yourself, but these can also be replaced with candy melts in the right colours.
Disclaimer: Miffy or Nijntje is property of Dick Bruna and I am in no way claiming ownership of her.