Lemon bars are the perfect snack for summer: sweet and sour all at once.
- 150 grams of Butter*
- 160 grams of Flour
- 65 grams of Sugar
- 3 Eggs*
- 80 grams of Lemon Juice
- 2 grams of Lemon Zest
- 150 grams of Sugar
- 40 grams of Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare your brownie pan (22,5 cm × 22,5 cm × 5 cm) by brushing the inside of the pan with butter and lining it with baking paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crust, kneading it until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the brownie pan and spread evenly.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Let the crust cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest and mix again.
- Once the crust is done baking pour the lemon mixture on top.
- Bake the lemon bars for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let them cool at room temperature for about an hour.
- Place them in the refrigerator and let them chill for about 2 hours.
- Optional: Cover the top with powdered sugar.
- Once fully chilled, remove them from the baking pan and cut into squares.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.