Another delicious Sinterklaas treat, speculaas and almond paste are truly a delicious combination.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Speculaas filled with creamy almond paste.
- 300 grams of Almond Paste
- 25 gram of Water
- 1 batch of Speculaasbrokken Dough
- Little bit of Milk
- 1 Egg
- Optional: Almond Halves
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line your cake pan (22,5cm × 22,5cm) with baking paper.
- Mix together almond paste and water.
- Divide the dough in two pieces, one a bit bigger than the other.
- Roll out the bigger piece of dough to about the size of your cake pan.
- Place the rolled out dough into the baking pan and spread it up the sides a little as well.
- Spread the almond paste mix on top.
- Roll out the other piece of dough as well and place on top, let it cover the almond paste mix.
- Brush with a mixture of milk and egg.
- Optional: Add almond halves on top and brush with the mixture again.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool completely, before removing it from the baking pan and cutting it into pieces.