A sticky, sweet and scrumptious Dutch bread recipe. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or really whenever you feel like it.
- 350 grams of Flour
- 20 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 12 grams of Instant Yeast
- 2 grams of cinnamon
- Optional: 5 grams of Salt
- 150 grams of Milk
- 50 grams of Butter
- 60 grams of Ginger Syrup
- 200 grams grams of Pearl Sugar
- Extra Sugar: about 30 grams
- Place milk, butter and ginger syrup in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted, stir well.
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and (optional) salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add butter mixture.
- Knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Line the tin with baking paper, attaching it with some butter, before the next step.
- Meanwhile butter the loaf tin (26cm × 10cm × 6,5cm) and sprinkle about 30 grams of sugar into it, covering all the sides.
- Knead dough briefly.
- Slowly add pearl sugar to the dough, kneading it through well.
- Place the dough into the loaf tin.
- Cover the loaf tin with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for about an hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Optional: Brush with some ginger syrup.
- Let the bread cool completely before removing it from the tin.