Cute, delicious and fluffy Minnie Mouse cake roll with whipped cream and chocolate decorations.
Minnie Mouse Cake Roll
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Adorable, yet simple, Minnie Mouse cake roll.
- 3 Egg Yolks*
- 30 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 40 grams of Sunflower Oil
- 60 grams of Water
- ½ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 80 grams of Flour
- 10 grams of Flour
- Food Colouring: white and red or pink
Meringue (Small Batch)
- 1 Egg White*
- 5 grams of Granulated Sugar
Meringue (Big Batch)
- 3 Egg Whites*
- 25 grams of Granulated Sugar
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
- 100 grams of Whipping Cream
- ¼ teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Strawberries
- Place the template inside your cake pan (38,7 cm × 26 cm × 1,9 cm) and line it with baking paper.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar, meant for the cake mix, and whip up the egg yolks until they reach the ribbon stage.
- Add in the sunflower oil and water slowly, while mixing.
- Now add in the larger amount of flour and mix well.
- Place two tablespoons of this mixture into a separate bowl and mix in the smaller amount of flour.
- In a separate bowl, add in the egg whites and sugar for the smaller batch of meringue.
- Whip up the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the smaller amount of batter gently.
- Colour using white food colouring.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe the pattern onto the baking paper.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip up the egg whites and sugar, for the bigger batch of meringue, to stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the larger amount of batter gently, in three additions.
- Colour the batter with red or pink food colouring.
- Gently spread the red or pink batter over the dots, once they've come out of the oven.
- Bake the cake for another 15 minutes.
- Cover the cake with a sheet of baking paper, flip it over and gently remove the baking paper that was on the bottom of the cake.
- Place a new sheet of baking paper on top and let it cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, whip up the whipping cream with the vanilla extract, to stiff peaks.
- Flip the cake, so the print is on the top part of the bottom of your cake.
- Cut a small part off the bottom and top, to create a straight line, and brush the cake with simple syrup.
- Spread whipped cream onto the cake, leaving 2 centimetres uncovered at the top, where the print is.
- Roll up the cake gently, with the help of your baking paper, from the bottom to the top.
- Cut off the sides, to create straight lines,
- Decorate with whipped cream and Minnie Mouse Chocolates.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes one cake roll.
Disclaimer: Minnie and Mickey Mouse are property of Disney and I am in no way claiming ownership of them.