These delicious snacks are usually enjoyed around the same time as Sinterklaas is celebrated, but with this recipe you can make and enjoy them ALL year round!
- 250 grams of Flour
- 16 grams of Baking Powder
- 125 grams of (Dark) Brown Sugar
- 15 grams of Speculaaskruiden
- 125 grams of Butter
- 60 grams of Milk
- Optional: White, Milk or Dark Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the flour and baking powder well.
- Add in the (dark) brown sugar and speculaaskruiden and mix again.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add this into the mixture.
- Knead the butter into the mixture, either by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Add in the milk to create a supple dough.
- Roll the dough into little balls and place these on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the kruidnoten for about 20 minutes.
- Let them cool before removing them from the tray.
- Optional: Cover them in chocolate and let the chocolate set.