Sweet, delicious and dense Boterkoek. A nice treat for any occassion.
- 240 grams of Flour
- 240 grams of Butter*
- 180 grams of White Sugar**
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs*
- Optional: Almond Halves
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the butter and sugar together, then add one egg and the vanilla extract and keep mixing.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Line the bottom of the cake pan (26 cm) with baking paper.
- Brush the springform pan with butter.
- Add in the mixture, flatten and spread it out.
- Create a pattern with a fork or knife.
- Optional: Place almond halves on top.
- Brush with some egg.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool a little before loosening the edges with a knife and removing the boterkoek from the cake pan.
- Let it cool completely before cutting it into pieces.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
**In Dutch this is called 'witte basterdsuiker', I couldn't find a proper translation. It's like brown sugar, but made with clear sugar syrup and granulated sugar.