Delicious Dutch cookies filled with almond paste, topped with almonds.
- 200 grams of Flour
- 100 grams of White Sugar (Dutch: Witte Basterdsuiker)
- 150 grams of Butter
- 1 Egg*
- 1 Egg (to brush tops)
- Almond Halves
- Mix together the flour and sugar.
- Add in cubes of cold butter, the egg and knead well.
- Wrap the doughbal in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of 4 millimetres.
- Refrigerate dough until firm, about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
- Reshape, roll and cut out leftover dough.
- Divide the almond paste into six equal portions.
- Place almond paste on half of the unbaked cookies.
- Place another unbaked cookie on top, press on the sides with a fork.
- Brush the tops with egg and place half of an almond on top.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
**Add a little bit of water to loosen it up and make it easier to spread.