Fluffy and not-too-sweet eierkoeken, a tasty Dutch treat that can be enjoyed as is or with some nice toppings if you’d like.
- 2 Eggs*
- 80 grams of Sugar
- 100 grams of Flour OR 70 grams of Flour AND 30 grams of Cocoa Powder
- 4 grams of Baking Powder
- Optional: Zest of half a lemon
- Optional: Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whip up the eggs and sugar till they're light and fluffy.
- Mix the flour or flour and cocoa powder, baking powder and optional lemon zest together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs and fold gently.
- Create small piles of the dough on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Optional: Add Chocolate Chunks or Chips on top of the unbaked eierkoeken.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely and enjoy with some butter, whipped cream, strawberries or just as they are!
When is it done?
You'll know the cake is done when you gently press onto them and they spring back.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.