Filled with rich chocolate flavour, this moist chocolate cake is a good base for any cake. Cover or fill it with any frosting or filling you’d like.
- 115 grams of Butter
- 60 grams of Dark Chocolate
- 110 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 160 grams of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs*
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 145 grams of Flour
- 60 grams of Cocoa Powder
- 10 grams of Baking Powder
- 120 grams of Milk
- Optional: 140 grams of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare your cake pan (18 cm or 20 cm) by brushing the inside of the pan with butter and lining it with baking paper OR place cupcake liners inside of a cupcake pan.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan with a small layer of water in it, on medium heat. Stir until the butter and chocolate have melted completely and are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix together the two kinds of sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and combine.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter and mix it through.
- Next add in half of the milk and mix it through.
- Repeat the last two steps, so all of the flour mixture and milk is well incorporated.
- Optional: Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter over 12 cupcake liners or pour it all in one cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
When is it done?
You'll know the cake is done when you insert a skewer or knife into the cake, pull it out and only a few moist crumbs stick to it. If there's wet batter attached: place it back in the oven.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes or one cake with a diameter of 18 cm or 20 cm.