Although I’m not the biggest fan of coconut, I am a fan of these coconut macaroons. They’re not too sweet, have a crispy outer layer and chewy inside.
- 100 grams of Grated Coconut
- 100 grams of Egg Whites* (of about 3 or 4 eggs)
- 70 grams of White Sugar**
- 140 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 60 grams of Flour
- Edible Wafer Paper Circles (8cm)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add both kinds of sugar, the egg whites and grated coconut.
- Mix together until well incorporated.
- Place into a piping bag, fitted with a star piping tip.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the circles of wafer paper onto it.
- Pipe circles onto the wafer paper circles.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
**In Dutch this is called 'witte basterdsuiker', I couldn't find a proper translation. It's like brown sugar, but made with clear sugar syrup and granulated sugar.