Although traditionally shaped into a letter, called a banketletter, these almond wreaths are just as good and a nice treat for Christmas.
- 620 grams of Almond Paste
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry (40 cm × 24 cm × 2 mm)
- 1 Egg
- Optional: Almond Shavings
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the puff pastry in half.
- Divide the almond paste into two pieces.
- Roll each of those pieces into a long cylinder, the same length as the puff pastry.
- Place the almond paste onto the puff pastry, letting it stick out a little at the bottom and leaving some space at the top.
- Roll the puff pastry around the almond paste.
- Shape this into a circle, slide the almond paste that's sticking out into the other puff pastry end.
- Seal the puff pastry together and place the almond wreath on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Brush with egg.
- Optional: Place almond shavings on top and brush with egg again.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.