Whether you want to make cream puffs or eclairs; this is the recipe you'll need!
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 150 grams of Water
- 75 grams of Butter
- 100 grams of Flour
- 3 Eggs*
- Filling: About 250 grams of Whipped Cream, Pastry Cream or another kind of filling.
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes about 15 to 30 cream puffs, depending on how big you pipe them.
What you'll need
- Baking Tray
- Baking Paper
- Heavy Bottom Sauce Pan
- Sillicone Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- (disposable) Piping Bag
- Round Piping Tip
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut butter into small pieces.
- Add water and butter to a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat this on a low fire.
- Once the butter has melted add the flour at once and stir. NOTE: If you've got any flour lumps in your mixture press those against the side of the pot to remove them.
- Keep stirring until a film forms on the bottom of the pan.
- Let the dough cool for about three minutes before adding the eggs one by one and stir them through. NOTE: You can use an electric mixer instead of doing this by hand.
- Put the dough into a piping bag, fitted with a round piping tip, and pipe onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. NOTE: If you have any peaks/tips sticking out, dip your finger in some water and press the tips down.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes. NOTE: When they're done they'll be slightly browned on top, don't open the oven in between.
- Let them cool and fill with the filling you want.
- Optional: If you prefer cream puffs being a bit softer, place them in a container with a lid on it when they're still warm. The steam will soften the dough.