Fluffy Sponge Fingers, for anyone who loves light and fluffy snacks.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 4 Egg Whites*
- 30 grams of Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks*
- 60 grams of Sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 128 grams of Flour
- 2 grams of Baking Powder
- Powdered sugar
*Make sure these ingredients are at room temperature.
What you'll need
- Whisk Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- 2 Big Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Spatula
- Baking Paper
- Balloon Whisk
- Palette Knife
- Baking Tray
- Optional: Piping Tip
- (disposable) Piping Bag
- Optional: Make a template. NOTE: If you're using these for a specific size tiramisu or to decorate the sides of a cake this might be useful to do.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place baking paper on your baking sheet.
- Whip up the egg whites with the smaller amount of sugar, until you've got a stiff meringue.
- Beat the egg yolks and leftover sugar together until it is lighter and at the ribbon stage. NOTE: If you can make and '8' pattern in the batter by moving the beaters above the bowl it's good to go.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Alternate between adding meringue and flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture, folding it all together with a silicone spatula.
- Put this in a piping bag. NOTE: You can use a piping tip if you'd prefer.
- Pipe ladyfingers.
- Dust with some powdered sugar and bake for 5 - 8 minutes. NOTE: the baking time will depend on the size of your ladyfingers. If you press on a baked ladyfinger it should spring back and they should be slightly browned around the edges.
- Use a palette knife or other tool to remove them from the baking sheet, once they come out of the oven.
Be sure to either eat these the day you make them OR freeze them the day you've made them.